Tale of getting lost and waiting to be found...

Monday, August 01, 2005

First of the many days...

Today is a very important milestone of my life. I stepped into the first day of uni life. Pretty excited... mildly actually. After all I'm not at that age where I could have free run with my emotions.

Also, I really must comment that students there are really sociable. Who would have guessed that my fellow orientation members all met early for breakfast before lessons. Amazing even by my standards, most would be too lazy for something like that, what more when it was nothing short of full attendence. Almost like mustering during national service days. "Wu ya boh~", i would have exclaimed those days...

The initial chattering were mostly boring stuff, "Hi dude", "How's work?", "Prettier huh?" blah blah blah.... Still as a noisy cluster, we proceeded to the lecture theater. Rest are standard, old man old woman introduced themselves, some welcome speech right off some scripts, even played a clip on why SIM is the BEST choice for you!! marketing department at work... yawnz

Right after that, STILL more marketing speech... (yawnz*2). Well this one, however, is a heavyweight champion. Australian lecturer man~. Abit powerful.... salesman, lecturer, soundblaster all roll into one... And the aussie ascent sounded uncannily like austin powers, half expected him to say "Grooovvy~~ baby!!".

After all that sales talk, highlight of the day comes... LUNCH!! Buffet woh!! As the lecturer had put it plainly, "You have paid good money for this course". We can all see that. Or rather taste it. Bon Appetite.

Lesson followed swiftly. Nothing interesting though. I must say it's rather nice to be back to school.... feeling young once more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home