Tale of getting lost and waiting to be found...

Thursday, August 04, 2005

My new friend

I'm searching for a friend. A friend that stays around. Someone easy to get along. Someone staying nearby, and maybe we can walk home together, have dinner down the street.

My new friend is someone who doesn't judge. Rather seek to know me before judging me. Rather give me time to open up. Rather know me from deep within.

Soon, someone will know of this mask I'm so fond of putting on. Smiles and laughter are my makeup. Dry humour is my weapon, shying me away from prying inquisitive eyes. Beneath it all, another me that never shows. Not happy nor sad. Not angry nor tamed. Just a calm soul lying beneath.

Maybe I am over protective. Maybe it's all unnecessary. Maybe I think too much. Maybe I should smile alittle more, tell alittle more. Maybe someone knows and waits. Maybe someone will walk at a slower pace, waiting for me to catch up.

Maybe my friend is not a new friend after all. Just standing by the side. Hands spread out. Maybe I look but I didn't see. A friend that was there all along.

* Prerequisites of new friends:
1. Alcoholic, like to get drunk today and every other day. Rich as hell and like to pay for my drinks.
2. Smoker, the on off type, always mumbling about quiting but never does. Makes me feel less guilty when puffing away. (I'm sorry for smoking mum. I know you will never see this, that's why I confessing. Still, please forgive me as always. Love you.)
3. Don't really care that I am a boring guy...hmm ok boring and lame...erm... ok ok I know, boring and lame and shameless... yes yes stop staring in disdain... there's more I know... but if this keeps up, I'm not getting any friends. Have a heart.
4. Pesky irritating type, will irritate me once in a while, forcing me to bite back. Well, it keeps my sarcastic nature in practice you know. I just so love to do that.

Note: Above stated are all nice-to-have-ok-if-you-don't, just keep in mind that if, and I'm saying if, you want to know me better, please read Prerequisite number 1, should see me get drunk. Sometimes aggressive, mostly dramatically hysterical.*

1 Comments:

  • you certainly has great requirements for your friends to be, hehehe. just want to say that ure doing a great job with your blog, im almost finished reading all of them, and i must say ure really good, very good actually. keep well.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home