Tale of getting lost and waiting to be found...

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

The Coming of the End

The End of the year is coming. And like every other year, I like to spend some time in quiet solemn reflection of the year’s passing.

I flip through the pages of time, looking for something worthy of memory. And like watching a black and white movie, I see myself orchestrating in some cinematic moments that still lingers at the back of my head.

Reminiscing these moments sometimes brought a smile to my face. Like a perk to my day, a pat to my back, it swells the goodness that is usually intangible.

Moments when I seem to be operating with the right side of my brain, doing things that way I did that even the now wiser-by-experience me approve of.

It is nice to know that as we grow, our action, our thinking are no longer laced with illogical immaturity or peppered with petty emotions that withheld the better side of us at bay.

Reminiscing other moments however brings other feelings. In a mind’s eye, I remember the times when I have felt that way I felt, I have been touched that way I have been touched. I remember being sad. I remember being angry.

And many times over, I am acutely aware of the situations that I have gotten myself into when I seem to lack better judgment.

In a different light, I see many different faces of myself staring back at me. There has been nice and bad Andy. Joyful and cheerless Andy. Humble and pompous Andy. Gracious and aloof Andy. Loud and quiet Andy. Even-tempered and prude Andy. Expressive and inert Andy. Comforting and satirical Andy.

To many others, year 2005 could have been a year of harvest. Many could have reaped the seeds they sowed, tasted the sweet fruits of their labours or found the treasures that they seek.

I know that I have nought. I am still plowing the fields for my own treasures.

With a sigh, I know I will soon close another chapter of my life with the knowledge that I shortchanged the year with too little done, too much left undone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home