Tale of getting lost and waiting to be found...

Friday, December 23, 2005

What is Christmas to you if you are not christian?

You reckon?
There are many choices.


On a past Christmas, I celebrated with my cousins.

We had the night all to ourself, all crazed teenagers then.
(adults and dogs not allowed)
Any event without 'parental guidance' was a big hu-ha then.
We were quietly having our mini party in a dark humble room, lit by candles.
We were humming Christmas carols all night.
We did the '10' seconds countdown to Christmas.
And in the neighbouring background, many others as well.
And at the end of it, we screamed "Merry Christmas!!" and gleefully cut our pretty log cake.

That Christmas I learnt about blissfulness of family ties and carefree teenage life.


On a past Christmas, I went a friend's house to join his family's celebration.

It was a simple affair.
Totally heartwarming.
Food was great but secondary.
The people were all we need to embrace the night.
The night could not be complete without the random cute cute wailing toddlers and hyperactive kids to entertain.
I love to watch kiddies running around the estate playing catch. while I try to trip them with a well-placed foot
Reminded me of my own long forgotten childhood.

It was then I realised with my dimwitted mind that most of the time, it is the simplest pleasure in life that casts the light.
That Christmas I learnt about simple pleasures.


On a past Christmas, when I grew out of these simple pleasures, I went for something more exciting.

Clubbing on Christmas' eve was all talk among our friends, the hips and geeks alike.
Dressed to the nineties, we drop down to Zouk for the big bang.
Alas, even the hippest among us were only amateurish compared to the Christmas crowd.
Why, the amount of bombshells in the vicinity could put Saddam Huisinsane to shame, with his elusive weapons of mass destruction and all.
In fact, my eyes grew so accustomed to hunks and babes that I could not stand the sight of the ugly dunce I saw in some random mirror in the club. "bleah!"

That Christmas I learnt to simultaneously drink my vodka, shake my bomboms and gorge on eye candies, all while holding my piss. (because the toilet was no-go zone)


I reckon Christmas is about merry making between people, christian or not.
I reckon Christmas is about sharing between people, christian or not.
I reckon Christmas is about people making time for other people, christian or not.
I reckon Christmas is about people, not about christians.

You reckon?

This Christmas I'm looking forward.
Merry Christmas people!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home