Tale of getting lost and waiting to be found...

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Hammie’s Plight Part 2 - Point of No Return

Recently, a spiral of events made me realize the importance of time to a student, and not just any student. But *Ahem* a student who wishes to heed to the call to seek higher education, to devote his time to uncover the truth, the quest to sedate the un-sedateable mind. And of course a few hours of commercialized work would not hurt, certainly helps to pay the bills. And perhaps fund the little quest of skit chasing I sometimes find myself crazy enough to contemplate.

So, I finally concluded I would require better time management or to be exact, STOP doing things that are hardly worth my time! Like chatting on the MSN. Like surfing the web. Like doing housework at my mother’s whim. Like trying to cliché with people I cannot cliché with. Like tending to the hamsters. Especially tending to the hamsters! What could be more of a waste of time! Feed them. Play with them. Feed them. Clean the cages. Feed them. Buy stacks of food and bedding. Feed them!

Some of us here should be able to read what am I driving at… after quite a detour. For the benefit of the rest, maybe I will just fill you in a bit more.

I have this friend. Good friend but not so good recently. And he has a girl friend. That’s the problem… the girl friend. And the girl friend has hamsters. Many hamsters. Whole colony of them. And happily one fine day, she wants to fly to America. For what? who knows? Find a white boy then ditch him? Nah… he is a good boy friend. Gullible. Easily to control. Tell him to go left. He goes left. Tell him to go right. He goes right. Tell him to take care of hamsters, he does exactly. She will keep him. It’s like expired lottery receipts, useless but we keep them anyway.

But then again, he is such a ******. Never figured out the difference between caring for a hamster and killing one. And so, I did what a good, helpful, dedicated, loving friend would do. I took over the task. I tend to their needs. I was at their beck and call. I‘m the humble servant.

At first he was all grateful and nice and everything. H said he would pay the expenditure that incurred, buy me a meal la… express his gratitude. But well, people, let me tell you about a certain breed of people whom exists in this world. Ingrates. Never trust them.

But let me tell you this… friend, I do not have any moral obligation to their health or what so ever. You do. I am not going to be held responsible for any malnutrition, mishandling, sudden bout of illness, injury, possible death or suicidal inclination that your hamsters might experience. You are.

So, friend who has moral obligations, please, consider. Make my effort worthwhile. Consider some meal at some posh restaurant. Consider some alcoholic beverages at some posh bars. Consider some monetary benefits of some significant amount. (I only accept donations in numeration of 50) Else, I might exercise my non-obligatory rights. You are warned.

* And oh yes, you might want to know about this peculiar friend of mine. She once told me of her obsession for some exotic food. One of the dishes that she must have before she kick the bucket so happen to be hamster meat.

Oooh… how convenient. Didn’t ask her would she like it fried, barbequed, stewed or whatever though. Will remember to ask about that next time I see her. Or perhaps you could make me feel a little less willing to. Oh well.

Just for laughs. *

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home